Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy President's Day!

My boss kindly let me work from home today!  I've never had a job where working from home was possible, and it was nice to have a different environment to get some work done.  I had a couple of things to work on and would stop to eat some lunch and take AW outside, and I've enjoyed it!  It is beautiful outside today!  I might take AW for a walk in a little bit.  Kyle is out fishing with a friend.  He's not what I would call a fisherman per say, but hopefully he's having a good time and catching something! 

We had a pretty relaxing weekend for the 3rd weekend in a row but I'm not complaining.  We rarely get weekends like that so we are embracing it until the busy season begins.  Kyle got some tickets through work to attend the Special Olympics Gala at the Gaylord Palms on Saturday night and that was fun to get dressed up and go out!  The dinner and open bar were a great way to spend our Saturday night that would have otherwise been spent with pizza and a movie on the couch.  We did rent Winters Bone on Friday night, but I fell asleep as usual so I can't give you a review on it!  Kyle said it was okay.  I really want to go see Unknown, maybe we can hit up the movies this weekend.

We did start being a support couple at our church for the newly engaged couples wishing to get married at the church.  We completed a training session in November to be a FOCCUS couple, and if you got married in the Catholic church you know what I'm talking about.  The dreaded test that the catholic church makes you take.  But its not meant to be a pass fail system, just a tool to get couples to talk about issues that will come up before and during marriage.  I know Kyle and I by no means have the longevity or experience to tell some kids wanting to get married what it takes to make a marriage work, but I do think we have some experiences and a solid relationship to hopefully help some of them.  Then we got involved with the other marriage prep course - UNITAS.  This program is an 8 week program and we go on Wednesday nights and do some activities and help facilitate conversations at our table with our 2 engaged couples.  It is also a great way for us to get involved and meet other younger couples at our church.  So far we've really enjoyed it.  We got "assigned" our first FOCCUS couple and we get to meet with them 3 times for 2 hours each mono y mono sometime between now and their wedding in the fall.

Other than that we've got a pretty unproductive week, which I am also not complaining about!  I will try to find something interesting to blog about in the mean time I promise!  I am convince that AW honestly does not move from under the covers on the couch from the time we leave to the time we come home.  Such a rough life.

No comments:

Post a Comment