Monday, February 14, 2011

Where's Woof Woof?

I realized that since it has been awhile since I last blogged about sweet Laney Alice, you all are probably wanting an update or at least some pictures of the cutest little girl in the world!  Well here she is today on her 2nd Valentine's day and she couldn't be cuter!  Don't you just want to eat her up!  She looks so big in this picture and I hope the next time I see her she will still let me hold her for a little bit.  



I have always said that being called Aunt Angela is just going to be way too much for a little kid.  This is something I have been a little selfishly worried about since my sister first told me she was pregnant.  My moms name is Anita so all my cousins call her Aunt Nita and it seems to flow quite well.  However, Aunt Gela just doesn't have quite the same ring.  My other sister Amy has turned into may-me which also does the job and is really cute and easy for kids to say.  Me on the other hand, I'm afraid for what my name might be.

She finally said a closer version of Angela, Kyle and Dubbers that last time we skyped and it was wonderful!  But I don't want her to just call me Angela, not that I would mind, but I'd like some distinction as her pretty much favorite an aunt to that sweet little face.  Well Laney was interested in "Woof Woofs" very early on. At one point any thing that resembled an animal was a woof woof.  (she would even make a wfff wfff sound when she got really excited about them).  She once had a very close encounter with my sisters best friends dog and the dog pretty much licked the entire inside of Laney's mouth and she loved it.  So by time Laney was all of 15 months she came out to visit us and I knew her and our woof woof would be instant friends.  As soon as they walked in the door she started playing ball with him and a friendship was born.  AW really loves having little people his own size to pal around with and she would just laugh and giggle when AW would bring her his ball.  Those 2 could have played all day and night.  

When they left Laney gave AW an adorable goodbye kiss and they have missed each other every day since then.  Now when we skype, and it started very subtly at first, Laney asks me "where's woof woof".  It was sweet and easy to ignore for a while.  However, recently as soon as the skype (or facetime) is turned on she is instantly throwing her cute little arms up and throwing out here wrists and exclaiming "wheres woof woof??"  Sometimes is so loud and that is all she is saying I have a hard time talking to my sister, but I don't mind.  It is just so cute.  One time before she could even see me, she could only hear me and kept asking where's woof woof.  So now, I have to hold up AW and let her give him a kiss every time we skype.  She will get really close to the screen and give him a big ole kiss! 



I'm pretty sure you all know where this is going now.  I am now Aunt Woof Woof.  and you know what, I'll take it!  Since the day she was born I always said I want her to know who we are and be as close to us as she is with the rest of her family that luckily lives down the road.  And just knowing that she recognizes us - even if just as woof woofs parents- I will embrace it.  I got to facetime with her for a second tonight and she cheerfully asked where's woof woof, then out of no where she said "Where's Dubbers?"  Be. Still. My. Heart.  the cutest words that girl has ever said. and she says some pretty stinkin cute stuff.


And here is Laney with the "pretty" (bow in Laney jibberish) that we got her for Valentine's day.  Of course there's a cute little owl on it I just can't resist. 

I know one day she won't remember the cute things she said when she was little, but I fully intend on reminding her!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's day!  We love all of you!

Love,
Aunt woof woof, Uncle woof woof, and Mr. woof woo

No comments:

Post a Comment